07 Nights Kenya Package
Starting from AED : 7,200 Per Person
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
- Transport and game-drives in non-air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan with pop-up roofs
- Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Relevant park entrance fees
- Bottled water whilst on safari (2 half-litre bottles per person per day)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 (Nairobi)
Jambo! Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, you will be met by a representative from City One who will greet you and assist with the transfer to your chosen hotel in Nairobi. The rest of the day and evening are at leisure to do what you want to do.
Overnight at your hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
You can choose to explore the hidden sights of Nairobi and visit the Karen Blixen Museum where Meryl Streep from Out Of Africa quoted the famous saying ‘I had a farm in Africa ….’ It is also where a lot of the Movie was filmed. Alternatively you can have a visit to the Giraffe Centre and experience up close and personal how beautiful and majestically tall these creatures are. The Daphne Sheldrick Foundation is also open in the evenings for a personal visit to see the baby elephants and rhinos who have been orphaned and are being hand reared to be released back into the wild. You might just want to relax after your long flight and simply enjoy the hotel facilities. Dinner is on your own account and whereas Nairobi offers such a vast range of restaurants which we can assist with you might wish to just simply stay in and have room service. The choice is yours
Day 02 (Nairobi - Samburu)
After breakfast pick up by our driver/guide at approximately 0630 hrs and depart for your lodge/camp in Samburu (approx 6 hrs drive) where you will be booked for two nights stay on full board basis. Arrive at the lodge in time for a late lunch and thereafter relax until evening after which you will depart for a game drive.
Dinner and overnight at your chosen lodge/camp
Samburu National Reserve is one of the lesser-known national parks, but is nevertheless teeming with life. Situated alongside the Ewaso Nyiro River, there is plenty to attract wildlife from the surrounding savannah plains. The reserve is rich in wildlife with an abundance of rare northern specialist species such as the Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk and the Beisa Oryx (also referred to as Samburu Special Five). The reserve is also popular with a minimum of 900 elephants. Large predators such as the lion, leopard and cheetah are an important attraction (Kamunyak the miracle lioness that adopted the baby Oryx is a resident in the reserve). Return back to the lodge in time to freshen up for dinner.
Day 03 (Samburu)
After early morning tea/coffee depart for a game drive returning back in time for breakfast. After breakfast spend the entire day at own leisure until lunch. After lunch depart for a late afternoon game drive returning back to the lodge for dinner.
Dinner and overnight at your chosen camp/lodge
Day 04 (Samburu - Aberdares)
After a leisurely breakfast commence your drive to the Aberdares. The drive is approx. 4 hrs and you will drive past Kenya’s highest Mount Kenya arriving at the Aberdare Country club for lunch. Afternoon lunch you will join the lodge vehicle and do a game drive into the Aberdares and check into the Ark. It’s an excellent quite way to be introduce to safari in Kenya where you can game view from the privacy of your room or from the outside top terrace and even from the lounge area where you can enjoy an aperitif.
Dinner and overnight at your chosen lodge.
The Aberdare National Park, with an area of 767 Km2 covers the higher areas of the Aberdare Mountain Ranges of Central Kenya, from altitude of 1829M to 4001M above sea level. Animals easily observed in the park include; the Black Rhino, leopard, baboon, black and white Colobus monkey and Sykes monkey. Rare sightings include those of lions, the golden cat and the bongo- an elusive forest antelope that lives in the bamboo forest. Overnight: Hotel
Day 05 (Aberdares – Lake Nakuru)
After morning breakfast check out from the lodge and proceed to Lake Nakuru National Park (approx 4 hrs drive) where you will be booked for one night stay on full board basis. Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. After lunch depart for an afternoon game drive in to the Nakuru national park where you will also be able to view the world famous flamingoes.
Dinner and overnight at your chosen camp/lodge
Lake Nakuru is a shallow alkaline lake that is world-renowned for its huge concentration of flamingos; at times, hundreds of thousands of these birds give the lake a pink shimmering glow. The park boasts a huge variety of animals, including leopard which is often found snoozing on the branches of the magnificent yellow-barked acacias, lion, buffalo, hippo, waterbuck, warthog, baboon, the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe only found in this park in Kenya, white rhino and the rare black rhino which is protected and guarded here. Game drives in the afternoon and return to the lodge around 1830 to freshen up and have dinner and overnight at your chosen lodge.
Day 06 (Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara)
After an early breakfast, your journey now takes you to the Masai Mara, Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserve. The drive takes you down the Great Rift Valley offering great views over the wilderness and Mt Longonot. The drive is around 4 hrs to the gate. Arrive in time for lunch followed by afternoon game viewing drive.
Overnight at your chosen lodge/camp.
The Masai Mara is arguably Kenya’s most popular game reserve. It is the most visited game reserve in Kenya. The film “Out of Africa” was made to a great extent in this sanctuary. There is a profusion of all types of wildlife including the big five. A spectacle worth seeing is the annual migration of millions of wildebeests, zebras, and the gazelles from the Serengeti plains across the Tanzania border and the Mara River to reach Masai Mara grazing fields from late June. The game reserve abounds with birdlife since close to about four hundred and fifty two odd species have been recorded
Day 07 (Masai Mara)
Today spend a full day in the Masai Mara. Depending on what the wildlife situation is like which the guides will discover on your arrival day, they will discuss with you how to plan this day accordingly. You might like to do an early morning game drive returning to the lodge for breakfast and then going out again and coming back for lunch with the afternoon to relax and then going out again in the afternoon around 1600 hrs. Alternatively, you might take an early breakfast and then go out for the day and carry lunch boxes with you. The choice is yours and the best solution will be discussed between yourself and your guide. Returning in the evening for dinner and overnight at your chosen property.
Meals and overnight at your chosen lodge/camp
Day 08 (Masai Mara – Nairobi)
After an early breakfast at the lodge/camp, bid farewell to the Mara as you set on your journey back to Nairobi. Drive back down the Great Rift Valley to Nairobi, passing the dormant volcano, Mount Longonot. Keep an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle and head up the
escarpment. With a picnic lunch on the way you will arrive in Kenya's bustling capital city Nairobi where you will be transferred to the Jomo Kenyatta International airport for your departure flight back home.
- Tips, Optional activities and excursions
- Inoculations and personal insurance
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, telephone, postage etc.
- International / local air fares
|Per person Cost
- Any itinerary posted on the website is only a proposed holiday outline. We are not holding any confirmed hotel reservations for your travel. The same is subject to availability at the time of booking. The quotation might change based on actual availability of the service.
- City One will inform you of any change in prices and only after your confirmation, proceed with booking. Cost will not be refunded for any unutilized services.
- Weekend or other surcharges may be applicable over and above the package cost for the requested period. City One will inform you of such costs at the time of booking or before confirming the package.
- The Company shall be within its rights to forfeit the non-refundable interest free deposit paid by the client to the company along with the prescribed booking form duly completed for the tour booked by the client. In the event the client cancels the booking or on failure on the part of the client to adhere to the tour payment schedule as informed in the documentation check-list or in the event the visa of any country is not granted or is unable to travel on the tour booked by the client due to any reason whatsoever, including medical ground or sickness, the non-refundable interest free deposits shall stand forfeited
- Rates are calculated on basis of special hotel package rates. We have limited inventory hence prices can change without prior notice. In order to get benefit at the current proposed prices, we recommend you to book with us immediately.