Kashmir is in the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent. Kashmir valley is in between the Great Himalayas and the Pir Panjal range. Kashmir known as The crown of India, is a Paradise regained. The fact, which is that Kashmir is so precious, that no outsider is allowed to own a land here. Embraced in the lap of splendid mountains of the Himalayas, Kashmir is a heaven on earth. On visiting the Valley of Kashmir, Jehangir, one of the Mughal emperors, is said to have exclaimed: "If there is paradise anywhere on earth, it is here, it is here, it is here."
1. How safe is it travel to Kashmir
Tourism official has globally declared that Kashmir is now as safe as any part of the world. It has become a safe zone. Tourists are back in Kashmir with a recorded number of 2 million in 2011 including foreign tourists. Many countries have even changed their travel advisories against Kashmir. From past four years, Kashmiri people are enjoying the peace and prosperity of the region with the growth of tourism.
2. What is the best season to visit Kashmir
Kashmir is a place to visit all the year round. It wears unique looks in all four seasons of the year, namely spring, summer, autumn and winter. In spring season, the valley looks multihued with flowers of vivid colors and varieties. Summer days are refreshing with lush green meadows while autumn season is characterized by fruit laden trees. Winter season is the best time to indulge in snow sports over snow clad valley. So, it would be better if you could visit Kashmir in all the four season to witness four different views of the valley which looks like a picture straight out of a fairytale. Otherwise, choose your favorite season to visit the valley at your convenience.
3. What are the adventure sports or activities offered in Kashmir?
A wide ranges of adventure activities such as Paragliding, Water Sports , River Rafting , cycling , Fishing , Mountaineering , Golfing , Ice-Skating , Heli Skiing , Trekking , Gondola Ride , Camping, Pony ride, etc are available in Kashmir.
4. What are the road distances between the important destinations of Kashmir?
Road distances between the important destinations are given below:
- Srinagar to Gulmarg: 54 km /34 miles
- Gulmarg to Pahalgam: 147 Km/ 91 Miles
- Pahalgam to Jammu: 284 Km/ 176 Miles.
- Jammu to Srinagar: 293 Km / 182 Miles.
- Srinagar to Sonmarg: 79 Km/ 49 Miles.
- Sonmarg to Gulmarg: 133 Km/ 83 Miles.
- Pahalgam to Sonmarg: 171 Km/ 106 Miles.
- Pahalgam to Gulmarg: 149 Km/ 92 Miles.
5. How many Lakes are there in Kashmir?
Kashmir is widely known for good numbers of beautiful fresh water and high altitude lakes. Popular lakes located in the valley are Dal Lake, Nagin Lake, Wular Lake, Manasbal Lake, Krishnasar Lake Mansar Lake, Sruinsar Lake, Pangong Lake, Tso Moriri Lake, Tso Kar Lake, Gangabal Lake, etc.
6. What is the best time to visit Tulip Garden?
The month of April (spring season) is the best time to visit tulip garden when flowers are in full bloom.
7. Which mobile networks function in Kashmir?
The mobile networks operating in Kashmir are BSNL, Airtel, Aircel, Idea, and Reliance. However, it is essential to note that only postpaid connections work here, and therefore, you need to come with postpaid SIM cards.
8. Is there any Wild life sanctuary in Srinagar?
Yes, there is Dachigam wild Life Sanctuary, at the distance of 22kms from Srinagar City.
9. What is the travelling distance of Srinagar Airport from Srinagar city?
To be precise, the Srinagar Airport is approximately 11kms from Srinagar City.
10. What are the best known tourist attractions to visit in Srinagar?
The most popular tourist attractions to visit are Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens, Hari Parbat Fort, PariMahal, and Tulip Garden.
11. What is the distance between Srinagar to Jammu?
The total traveling road distance from Srinagar to Jammu is 304 kms approximately, and it will take a minimum of 8hrs and maximum of 12hrs for reaching Jammu.
12. Is there any tourist destination that is coming up in Srinagar?
There is one attractive tourist destination known asDoodhPathri, which is being developed by JK tourism and quite fascinatingly, this is really a pristine natural attraction.
13. Which is the well Know market place in Srinagar?
Lal Chowk is the biggest market in Srinagar city packed with all kinds of products.
14. Is Hotel or the Houseboat a better option to live in Srinagar?
There are superb and comfortable luxurious hotels available in and around the Srinagar, but living in a Houseboat is totally a unique experience, which is worth knowing and enjoying too. It would be truly unforgettable moments that you are going to feel while living in the Houseboat in Kashmir. Make sure that you avail the best of this experience.
15. Is there pork or beef served in hotels or houseboats?
Pork and beef is not served in the hotels and houseboats.